5‑Minute Vegan Coconut Pineapple Ice Cream
Vegan food blogger Raepublic shares her easy summer recipe
Summer’s on the horizon and what better way to get ready than with a DIY ice cream recipe? Inspired by Schmidt’s Naturals’ Coconut + Pineapple deodorant scent, vegan food blogger Rae of Raepublic shared her easy coconut pineapple ice cream with us.
Fun fact about Rae: She never had fresh pineapple growing up (as far as she can recall). When she turned 19, she moved to mainland China and serendipitously landed during pineapple season. “I literally ate until my heart’s content,” she recalls. Having fallen so in love with pineapple — even her mouth got sore from all the acidity but that didn’t stop her — she is self-declared obsessed and includes it in many of her recipes for her Seattle-based vegan food blog.
One pineapple contains more than 700 percent of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C, so Rae’s easy coconut pineapple vegan “nice” cream is not just simple with just three ingredients, it’s nutritious too.
All photos courtesy of raepublic.com
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 pineapple OR 4 cups frozen pineapple
- coconut flakes (as much as you like)
- Break bananas into smaller pieces and if using fresh pineapple cut into small pieces (so that they fit in the food processor).
- Put banana and pineapple into a food processor and blend for 60+ seconds until smooth.
- Scoop into a freezer safe dish.
- Freeze for 2+ hours until frozen.
- Serve and sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
For extra creaminess and extra coconut flavor add the cream from one 13.5 ounce can of full fat coconut milk.