October 25, 2018
We Tried Wellness Ep. 8: Kristen Arnett + We Tried Positive Affirmations
Go beyond cosmetics to recognize your true beauty — but not in a cheesy way
We Tried Wellness, an original podcast from Schmidt’s, takes on the latest and greatest trends in wellness and discusses their merits. Our podcast is all about investigating practical tips and hacks we come across on social media and in our communities, and seeing how they fit into our lifestyle. Each episode, we’ll try a wellness trend and talk to influencers and experts in the field.
Subscribe + Listen to We Tried Wellness
Episode 8: Kristen Arnett + We Tried Positive Affirmations
Alison here for the Episode recap. 👋
Meet Kristen Arnett. She’s a celebrity makeup artist, pioneer in green beauty, and leading voice in the Healthy Beauty Movement. We go beyond cosmetics to talk about learning to recognize your true beauty — but not in a cheesy way. It’s all about making peace with reality, shaking off the saccharine, and learning to appreciate that person staring back at you in the mirror.….no matter how “snatched”. Think you’re going to love what she has to say!
Also — sorry I laugh like a psychopath at the top. Just happy to be back, y’all.
TL;DL, or here’s what happened in Episode 8:
- Our producer Josh got married! We love Josh!
- We generally agree that mutual ice cream appreciation is the truest sign of friendship.
- Then the interview starts…check out Kristen Arnett’s website.
- And her social — she’s at @kristenarnettbeauty on Instagram and @greenbeautyteam on Facebook
- We take a moment to appreciate Groucho Marx, eyebrow legend.
- Ingredient Glossary (on Kristen’s website). Super helpful reference if you’re wanting to seek out cleaner cosmetics.
- Lip Smackers — we don’t vouch for using them now, but definitely a classic balm with all the best flavors. Dr. Pepper, anyone???
- We discuss whether Cleopatra drew her own selfies? Just curious.
- Check out Toss The Toxins (downloadable toolkit on Kristen’s website), another great healthy beauty resource.
- Kristen brings in mint-infused water! It’s delicious and we’re obsessed. Click here to read more about the benefits of mint tea & make your own.
- And if you’d like to try wellness too, take some time to check out Kristen’s positive affirmation mirror exercise for yourself.
We want to know what wellness trends you’re trying, have tried, or want to try. Join our (secret/not-so-secret) Facebook group — we’d love to hear from you! If you have any questions (or just want to say hi) reach out to us on Instagram, Twitter, or email us at hi at thenaturalmag.com.
Articles and podcasts from The Natural should not be considered medical advice. If you have any questions about your health, please consult a medical professional.
Should You Still be Concerned about Aluminum in Antiperspirants?
We break it down for you
December 12, 2019