February 14, 2019
We Tried Wellness Ep. 12: Candace Molatore + We Tried a Digital Detox
Does social media help or hurt self-love?
We Tried Wellness, an original podcast from Schmidt’s, takes on the latest and greatest trends in wellness and discusses their merits. Our podcast is all about investigating practical tips and hacks we come across on social media and in our communities, and seeing how they fit into our lifestyle. Each episode, we’ll try a wellness trend and talk to influencers and experts in the field.
Subscribe + Listen to We Tried Wellness
Episode 12: Candace Molatore + We Tried a Digital Detox
What do you say we cut the intro short and get right to the good stuff this week?
We are honored to host Candace Molatore on this episode of We Tried Wellness! Candace is a true multi-hyphenate: Portland-native, social media strategist, self-love advocate, digital influencer. Candace tells us about about the formative experiences that influenced her decision to unapologetically celebrate her differences at an early age — and how she now uses social media to send messages of body positivity, self love, and inclusion to others who seeking representation and community…but also sometimes just some great fashion inspiration.
Later, J + A recount their experiences implementing social media timers on their cell phones. Did we find enlightenment by putting stricter time limits on our IG usage? Listen to find out, y’all.
Follow Candace (and tell her how much you loved this episode) at @hey.candace on Instagram.
Links / Other Things We Talk About
- Tea Bar — aka matcha heaven & the place we always run into Candace
- Jen Gotch’s Instagram
- Candace’s favorite brands for size-inclusive athletic wear: Girlfriend Collective, ASOS & Athleta
- We shout out the parachute from gym class in elementary school!! because honestly what was more fun??
- Boutique fitness — no secret that it can be very motivating to workout with friends or even just a group of likeminded strangers. Our favorite classes? Jillian loves Orangetheory, Alison loves Burncycle, and and we both like PDX yoga studio YoYoYogi.
- Bath bombs + face masks have not lost their appeal. Jillian is liking Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask & Arcona Tea Tree Mask right now. Alison is into Ren Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask & Dr. Singha’s Mustard Bath.
- The Great British Baking Show. Because how great is the Great British Baking Show?
- Instructions for putting social media limits in place (if you’re interested): via Apple settings (for iPhones) or within the Instagram app directly